Are you ready to run the show?
Currently taking applications!
Do you crave adventure? Do you have a passion for backpacking and an entrepreneurial spirit? Would like to have the freedom to travel the world and work from anywhere? Do you want to have an impact on travelers across the globe and build something great? Are you willing to work your ass off to achieve your goals?
If you answered yes to ALL of the questions above and are looking for a new challenge please read on….
We are looking for someone special to take Backpacker Travel to new heights and turn this ship around. Why start a new travel blog when you could be running an entire community? This is a unique opportunity to transform what we’ve already built into something HUGE.
- Research and write articles, guides, reviews and other pieces of content
- Upload and manage travel offers through both affiliates and advertisers
- Write, curate and schedule social content (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc)
- Interact with fans and followers across multiple social media platforms
- Curate, edit, and upload member content on the Backpacker Travel site such as – fan photos, videos, and traveler stories
- Create and schedule a weekly newsletter
- Work with partners and other team members
- Growth-hack to improve the Backpacker Travel brand awareness and increase member sign-ups
The successful applicant will:
- enjoy writing and have an excellent grasp of the English language including spelling and grammar (This is a MUST)
- have previous travel experience in a foreign country
- have access to a high-speed internet connection
- be highly active on social media with a strong personal presence and thriving network
- know how to craft nifty posts that get a lot of likes, shares, and comments
- be able to follow instructions and work to deadlines
- have a ‘can do’ attitude
- be dedicated, ambitious, and driven
- have previous experience working with WordPress
Knowledge of social media analytics and scheduling tools preferred but not essential
Knowledge of HTML and CSS will be highly regarded
Remuneration & Benefits
You will receive significant training, guidance, and support to set you up for success but it will take persistence, patience, and a truckload of effort on your part. You MUST be prepared (and able) to live like a backpacker. That means living as cheaply as possible eating ramen noodles if need be.
There are no set working hours, so you are rewarded based on your efforts rather than hours by means of a generous profit share (more than 70%) of all revenue generated by the website. There are also significant travel benefits that come with this type of role, including free or discounted travel!
To apply, please send an email to [email protected]. In your email please outline why you would make a great community manager, provide examples of your writing, detail where you have traveled to, and attach an up-to-date resume.
Are you passionate about travel and want to share it with everyone you meet? We’re looking for backpackers to join our team in a variety of roles from: sales/marketing to editorial. Successful applicants must be ambitious, enthusiastic and hard-working, with access to a computer with a high-speed internet connection. All current positions require applicants to be fluent in English (preferably a native speaker but not essential) as our content is English-based. This may change in the future as we move to a more global audience.
These are unique and flexible, freelance (independent contractor) positions that provide the opportunity to work while you travel. There are no set working hours, so you are rewarded based on your efforts rather than hours worked.
To apply for any of the following positions, please send an email to [email protected]. The email must contain the following: which position you are interested in, why you would be a good candidate and a copy of your most up-to-date resume.
Sales & Advertising Specialists
Join our team of freelance sales and advertising specialists and help other backpackers find a great deal in the process.
- Research travel-related products and services
- Email outreach to shortlisted travel businesses
- Write and publish travel offers
- Work with potential advertisers and guide them through available options
- An excellent grasp of the English language including spelling and grammar is a MUST
- Direct online sales experience
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Able to follow instructions and work to deadlines
- Knowledge of WordPress or other CMS preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of sales management platform (Hubspot) and communications platform (Slack) preferred but not essential
Do you have a talent for writing and/or photography? We are always looking for travelers to contribute awesome articles for our Backpacker Blog. Find out more here – Become a Contributor