Are you passionate about travel and want to share it with everyone you meet? We’re looking for backpackers to join our team in a variety of roles from: sales/marketing to editorial. Successful applicants must be ambitious, enthusiastic and hard-working, with access to a computer with a high-speed internet connection. All current positions require applicants to be fluent in English (preferably a native speaker but not essential) as our content is English-based. This may change in the future as we move to a more global audience.
These are unique and flexible, freelance (independent contractor) positions that provide the opportunity to work while you travel. There are no set working hours, so you are rewarded based on your efforts rather than hours worked.
To apply for any of the following positions, please send an email to [email protected]. The email must contain the following: which position you are interested in, why you would be a good candidate and a copy of your most up-to-date resume.
Sales & Advertising Specialists
Join our team of freelance sales and advertising specialists and help other backpackers find a great deal in the process.
- Research travel-related products and services
- Email outreach to shortlisted travel businesses
- Write and publish travel offers
- Work with potential advertisers and guide them through available options
- An excellent grasp of the English language including spelling and grammar is a MUST
- Direct online sales experience
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Able to follow instructions and work to deadlines
- Knowledge of WordPress or other CMS preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of sales management platform (Hubspot) and communications platform (Slack) preferred but not essential
Do you have a talent for writing and/or photography? We are always looking for travelers to contribute awesome articles for our Backpacker Blog. Find out more here – Become a Contributor