Are you passionate about travel and want to share it with everyone you meet? We’re looking for backpackers to join our team in a variety of roles from sales/marketing to editorial and research. Successful applicants must be ambitious, enthusiastic and hard-working, with access to a computer with a high-speed internet connection. All current positions require applicants to be fluent in English (preferably a native speaker but not essential) as our content is English-based. This may change in the future as we move to a more global audience.
These are unique and flexible, freelance (independent contractor) positions that provide the opportunity to work while you travel. There are no set working hours, so you are rewarded based on your efforts rather than hours worked.
We are currently looking for highly motivated individuals in specific regions around the world to join our team as a Partnerships Manager. In this remote freelance role, you will be responsible for seeking out and building relationships with travel businesses to advertise on the Backpacker Travel site. In the process, you will be helping other backpackers find a great deal and discover new travel experiences and products.
- Research travel-related products and services and make a shortlist
- Email and phone outreach to shortlisted businesses
- Work with potential advertisers and guide them through available options
- Manage sales leads
- An excellent grasp of the English language including spelling and grammar is a MUST
- Direct online sales experience preferred
- Highly motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Attention to detail and able to follow instructions
- Knowledge of communications platform (Slack) preferred but not essential
This is a commission only role. We offer an extremely attractive base rate of 30% commission on all sales completed with a bonus structure allowing high achievers to make up to 50% per sale.