27% Off East Africa Trail with Tucan Travel
Disclosure: Tucan Travel is an affiliate of Backpacker Travel. Click here for more information.
Take in East Africa’s highlights as you travel from Kigali to Arusha on this unforgettable tour. Unspoiled landscapes await and hoards of wildlife will be seen, as you discover some of the most famous national parks in Africa. Trek to visit mountain gorillas, camp on the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater and spot wild predators stalk the plains of the Masai Mara on this African adventure.
– We will try to run your tour as close to the itinerary as conditions will allow. On very rare occasions, local events may affect the way your itinerary operates. We ask for your flexibility and understanding in these situations.
– Many countries have strict rules on the age and quality of foreign cash. We therefore recommend you bring only new, unmarked and undamaged banknotes. This includes your Local Payment on tours where required.
– Your Gorilla Trek and Permit is included in the cost of the tour. The Gorilla Trek is extremely popular so we recommend booking this tour at least three months in advance.
– If you visit the Masai Mara and Serengeti between July – September you may witness the great Wildebeest Migration as they cross the Mara River. Please note that the migration is dependant on weather and vegetation requirements for the animals.
– A yellow fever vaccination is required if you are traveling to/from countries with risk of yellow fever transmission in Africa; this includes transiting through a yellow fever risk country. The majority of our tours in Africa aside from Morocco, require a yellow fever certificate therefore we highly recommend that you obtain this prior to travel. Please make sure that on arrival you have a valid yellow fever certificate ready for inspection by local customs or health authorities, otherwise, you could be refused entry or quarantined.
– This tour includes a compulsory Local Payment that needs to be paid to the Tour Leader on Day 1 of your tour. For more information on our Local Payments please click here.
– The first day of your tour is simply an arrival day with no pre-organised activities. You will meet your Tucan Travel rep at 19.00 for the pre-departure meeting. In order to allow time to relax and see some of the sights, you may wish to add pre-tour accommodation.